- $49 registration, due upon completion of registration form.
Within 15 business days of successful receipt of registration, the artistic committee will evaluate the audition video and notify the candidate whether they have been accepted into the Semi-Final round in Vancouver.
Semi-Final Entry Fee:
- Solos: $249 per person
- Pas de Deux or Duet: $349 total
- Groups (3-6 people): $349 total
- Ensemble (7+ people): $449 total
- If the participant would like to compete a piece in a different category or sub-category it is an additional $49 per solo/variation.
- Global Dance Challenge Masterclass Experience (Counts for 20% of your semi-final mark): $250 total per person
- The Marked Masterclasses are mandatory
* The Semi-Final Entre Fee is all inclusive for one category and includes your participation, daily dance classes, coaching session, Gala performance and gala performance ticket.
- Registration will be accepted until July 6, 2018
- There are no refunds and no exceptions for the Registration Fee.
- If you would like to register for more than one category or more than one entry within a category you must submit a registration form for each category or sub-category you would like to compete in.
- Your acceptance into the competition is based on the audition video you submit. This video has to show the participant clearly visible in rehearsal or on-stage, and must not be older than one year. The video must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- If accepted into the Semi-Finals, you will receive further instructions on registration and payment via e-mail.
- The registration fees do not contain insurance for the participants. GDC assumes no liability for a dancer’s participation during the contest duration.
- Refunds of the Semi-Final Entry Fee are issued only in the event of an injury, with a deduction of a $75 processing fee. In the event of an injury, GDC should be notified immediately by the participant, parent, or teacher via firstname.lastname@example.org. All refund requests must be accompanied by a physician’s note.
Submit online registration form with video link, acknowledge release agreement, and pay registration fee through Paypal or e-transfer.
For Groups & Ensembles: only one representative’s information is required at the time of registration, additional members’ information will be required only after acceptance into Semi-Finals.
Acceptance into the competition is based on the audition video you submit. This video has to show the participant clearly visible in rehearsal or onstage, and must not be older than one year. The video must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
The GDC team will send out a confirmation receipt of the participant’s successful registration to the email address provided.
If there are any issues with the registration form, such as wrong category/age division or missing video link, at this stage the GDC team will be in touch with the participant to resolve problems and confirm details within 5 business days of initial registration.
Should there be any confusion with which category or age division the participant belongs in, GDC reserves the right to place the participant in the rightful category or age division and notify the participant of the changes. The participant has 5 business days to respond to the email or forfeit the competition.
If the participant fails to hear back from the GDC team within 15 business days of registration, please contact email@example.com to follow up.
Within 15 business days of successful registration, the GDC artistic committee will evaluate the audition video and notify the candidate whether they have been accepted into the Semi-Final round in Vancouver.
If accepted into the Semi-Finals, the participant will receive instructions on how to reserve their slot for the Semi-Final via e-mail. Failure to pay the Semi-Final Entry Fee within 10 business days of receiving the acceptance email will result in a forfeit.
Send performance-quality music in MP3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20th, 2018.
Apply for visa, book plane tickets, accommodation and/or excursions if needed.
See you at Global Dance Challenge on August 7th, 2018!